[Numpy-discussion] Sorry, probably postponing Binary Release [urgent]

Vincent Davis vincent@vincentdavis....
Sat Oct 16 13:21:20 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Friedrich Romstedt
<friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/16 Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi Friedrich,
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Friedrich Romstedt
>> <friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been working the past few days usually to somewhen between 1 and
>>> 7 in the morning on the numpy build, but I feel at the end of my
>>> power.
>>
>> Thanks for working so hard, but please don't burn yourself out - we
>> need you for more than a week!
>
> Thank you so much.  :-)
>
>>>  I need some spare of this for my exam on Monday.  I see two
>>>
>>> 1)  Vincent, if you feel like, can you try to finish it on your own.
>>> Don't know ...
I will give this a try, I suffer from the limitation that if I have 1
hour of quiet I am lucky. So it is difficult to sit a focus. Friedrich
deserves credit for any success. I will work an this later today with
a backup of the OS so I don't undo any of Friedrich work.

And I want to be clear what my priorities/interests are.
1, Provide a machine to the numpy/scipy community that can be used for
building binaries and anything else useful to numpy/scipy.
2, Make sure those that can actually successfully build binaries do
so. Like you and Ralf.
3, Not get in the way
4, learn how to build binaries myself.

Thanks
Vincent

>>> 2)  Can we postpone the Binary Release on SF by one week.
>>>
>>> I vote for 2) if possible :-)
>>>

>> Don't worry too much. I will tag the RC tomorrow, but if there's no
>> 10.5 binary up yet that's no big deal. The final release is not till
>> the end of the month.
>>
>> Will try the vpn tomorrow morning.

> Okay.
>
>> Good luck with your exam,
>> Ralf
>
> Good, thanks, cu,
> Friedrich
>
> P.S.: Really happy to find understanding.

Thanks
Vincent Davis
720-301-3003