[Numpy-discussion] Another merge at github

Sat Oct 16 14:20:07 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Joshua Holbrook
<josh.holbrook@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here. This looks harmless but it makes the history really ugly. We need
> > get the word out *not* to do things this way.
> >
> > Chuck

> So: Rebase, not merge?

I'm thinking along those lines, but I'm just a dilettante git user. I tend
to merge master to my development branches, merge them back to master, and
then push master to github. That probably isn't the recommended way. Rebase
would probably have the same effect.

Chuck