[Numpy-discussion] in1d for structure arrays

Jeremy Lewi jlewi@intellisis....
Tue Oct 19 14:45:03 CDT 2010

Hi,

I noticed that the recent numpy (1.5) implements the function in1d in set
operations. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for structure arrays
because "mergesort" isn't implemented for structure arrays.

I was able to implement a quick work-around simply by adding a structure
field to keep track of which list the data came from and then making this
field the lowest priority in the sort.

Is this worth creating a ticket for? (I don't have trac privileges to do so)

Jeremy

Jeremy Lewi

Engineering Scientist

The Intellisis Corporation