[Numpy-discussion] Atlas build issues

Pearu Peterson pearu.peterson@gmail....
Wed Oct 20 03:59:24 CDT 2010

On 10/20/2010 11:48 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 04:41:38PM +0900, David wrote:
>>> 	- ldd /volatile/varoquau/dev/numpy/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so: does it
>>> load the libraries you think are you loading ?
>
> For the dynamic libraries, it seems so. I am using static libraries for
> atlas/blas (.a)
>
>>> 	- nm atlas_libraries | grep zgesdd_ for every library in atlas (I don't
>>> know how the recent ones work, but this function should normally be in
>>> libf77blas.so)

Hmm, zgesdd.f is part of LAPACK, why the function should be in BLAS
library..

> Nothing. That's clearly my problem, but I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions,

I haven't build atlas libraries for awhile and may be something
is changed in atlas.. That said, I would try instructions from

http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux#head-89e1f6afaa3314d98a22c79b063cceee2cc6313c

and may be using some older atlas version.

Pearu