[Numpy-discussion] Atlas build issues

Ian Goodfellow goodfellow.ian@gmail....
Wed Oct 20 10:21:07 CDT 2010

There were two problems. First, numpy ignored my export
ATLAS=/usr/local/atlas. setup.py printed out the directories it was
searching and it just searched the defaults then said it couldn't find
ATLAS.
I 'fixed' that problem by adding symlinks in the default directories.

Now I get error messages like these in the output of setup.py:
C compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC

compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core
-Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath
-Inumpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c'
gcc: _configtest.c
_configtest.c:1: warning: conflicting types for built-in function ‘exp’
gcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtest
_configtest.o: In function `main':
/home/ia3n/Libraries/numpy/_configtest.c:6: undefined reference to `exp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
_configtest.o: In function `main':
/home/ia3n/Libraries/numpy/_configtest.c:6: undefined reference to `exp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
failure.