[Numpy-discussion] function name as parameter

Thomas Kirk Gamble tkg@lanl....
Wed Oct 20 14:30:36 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 13:18 -0400, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 9:42 AM, Thomas Kirk Gamble wrote:
> > I'm trying to write an implementation of the amoeba function from
> > numerical recipes and need to be able to pass a function name and
> > parameter list to be called from within the amoeba function.
>
> 1. Have you checked whether this might already be in OpenOpt?
> 2. Here is a GAUSS version, that might (?) be easier to follow.
> http://www1.american.edu/academic.depts/cas/econ/gaussres/optimize/honore.src

Yes, Zachary already pointed out a version in the scipy.optimize module.
Thanks anyway for the reference.  I tend to prefer evaluating multiple
options rather than just taking the first one that seems to work.