[Numpy-discussion] whitespace in git repo

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt@gmail....
Thu Oct 21 06:47:51 CDT 2010

2010/10/21 David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Friedrich Romstedt
> <friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/10/20 Darren Dale <dsdale24@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Uh, no.
>>
>> You mean I'm wrong?
>
> Yes, the file has always used CRLF, and needs to stay that way.

I see, misunderstanding, for me I used "made it" in the sense
"succeeded in" :-)  So to be clear, I meant that I understood your
config file.

Btw, it has \n\r, so it's LFCR and not CRLF as it should be on Windows
(ref: de.wikipedia).  I checked both my understanding of CR/LF as well
as used $grep -PU '$\n\r' again.

See also http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeilenumbruch (german, the en
version doesn't have the table).  So either:
1)  You encoded for whatever reason the file with CR and LF swapped
2)  It doesn't matter what the order is
3)  There is some misunderstanding, once again.

I don't want to go into a flame war about small small thing, maybe
it's just my problem that I don't have a clear picture currently.

Please apologise my insistence,
Friedrich