[Numpy-discussion] quadratic function

Brennan Williams brennan.williams@visualreservoir....
Thu Oct 28 06:38:41 CDT 2010

  I have used both linear least squares and radial basis functions as a
proxy equation, calculated from the results of computer simulations
which are calculating some objective function value based on a number of
varied input parameters.

As an alternative option I want to add a quadratic function so if there
are parameters/variables x,y,z then rather than just having a linear
function f=a+bx+cy+dz I'll have f=a+bx+cx**2 + dxy + .... I'd like to
have the option not to include all the different second order terms.

Where should I start looking?

Thanks

Brennan