[Numpy-discussion] DataArray fixes

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 8 02:50:50 CDT 2010

Hi Lluis,

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Lluís <xscript@gmx.net> wrote:
> I started writing some fixes for DataArray, but some others need discussion on
> whether they should be implemented as I describe.
>
> To this extent, please see issues at http://github.com/fperez/datarray/issues
> and comment on them, so that I'll know if I should implement these.

I'm afraid I'm completely bandwidth-saturated for the next 2-3 weeks,
but at the same time I have no intention whatsoever in becoming the
bottleneck on all of this.  Ultimately I don't see datarray as *my*
code, but rather as code we as a group will refine to make numpy
better.  Keith Goodman has been also helping out, but I'm wondering if
it would be good if I add a few more people with commit rights to that
repo, so that development can move forward?

Ultimately it's the people who do the coding who matter, and right now
I'm too busy on the ipython side to do anything on this front at all.

Just let me know what you and the others (Keith, Skipper, Rob, etc)
think and I'm more than happy to open the doors to make the process
easier.

Once numpy settles in its github home, I hope we'll just move this
repo from my personal hosting over to the numpy organization one, but
I want to do that after numpy makes the transition to give them a
chance to 'settle in'.

Cheers,