[Numpy-discussion] inversion of large matrices

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Sep 9 11:29:15 CDT 2010

Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:18:29 +0200, Sturla Molden wrote:
[clip]
> I hope the SciPy dev team can be persuaded to include a wrapper for
> DTRTRS in the future. It is after all extremely useful for Mahalanobis
> distances, and thus for any use of linear models in statistics.

I don't see reasons why not to include such a wrapper, so little
persuasion is needed. The only thing is that someone should spend some
time implementing this suggestion (and I probably won't -- I don't really
need that feature myself, and there are many other things that need to be
done).

--
Pauli Virtanen