[Numpy-discussion] adding two pseudoinverse matrixes

Jose Borreguero borreguero@gmail....
Fri Sep 10 15:39:14 CDT 2010

Dear Numpy users,

I have to solve for Z in the following equation Z^(-1) = A^(-1) - B^(-1),
where A and B are covariance matrices with zero determinant.

I have never used pseudoinverse matrixes, could anybody please point to me
any cautions I have to take when solving this equation for Z? The brute
force approach linalg.pinv( linalg.pinv(A) - lingal.pinv(B) ) gives me a
matrix with all entries equal to 'infinity'.

-Jose Borreguero