[Numpy-discussion] Can't install numpy ... in Marc&Mentat (embedded Python)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Sep 12 12:13:29 CDT 2010

Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:45:33 +0200, Felix Stödter wrote:
> unfortunately I can't install numpy. When I try to excecute the exe-file
> I get a message like "Pyhton 2.6 required". Pyhton is installed within
> another programme (Marc/Mentat). Can't he find it because of that? I
> know that it is possible to install numpy with this Python in
> Marc/Mentat. But how? Do you know what I can do about it?

I believe you should direct your question to MSC Software (whose product
Marc&Mentat is), or their user support group.

The point is that although installing Python modules is usually the same
(i.e., if you have a pre-compiled binary package you want to install
manually, copy the "numpy" folder to the correct folder, usually named
"site-packages"), for Python bundled with some software the details of
the installation may vary, and the best way to get good advice is to ask
the authors of the particular product.

--
Pauli Virtanen