[Numpy-discussion] Python2.4 and date-time - tickets 1475 and 1613

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Wed Sep 15 10:10:29 CDT 2010

  Hi,

Datetime support in Numpy requires ctypes - RuntimeError is raised
because ctypes has only been included in Python starting with Python2.5.
This Python2.4 dependency must be included in the documentation so I
created ticket 1613 (http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1613).

A standalone version of ctypes is available for Python2.3 and Python2.4:
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/

The numpy tests pass after installing ctypes under Python2.4.

I think ticket 1475 is fixed by skipping that test in a similar way to
the skipped tests in 'numpy/tests/test_ctypeslib.py'.

Bruce
PS A big thanks for fixing the other Python2.4 errors I mentioned with
regards to scipy!