[Numpy-discussion] weighted mean; weighted standard error of the mean (sem)

alan@ajackso... alan@ajackso...
Wed Sep 15 20:14:05 CDT 2010

>I am looking for some reaally basic statistical tools. I have some
>sample data, some sample weights for those measurements, and I want to
>calculate a mean and a standard error of the mean.

I have been working through an R training class, converting the examples and
exercises to numpy and scipy.

Some of what you want may be there.

http://www.oplnk.net/~ajackson/software/