[Numpy-discussion] Numpy SVN frozen; move to Git
Thu Sep 16 03:58:46 CDT 2010
Numpy SVN repository is now frozen, and does not accept new commits.
Future development should end up in the Git repository:
The next things on the TODO list:
- Update any links that point to http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy
or talk about SVN.
E.g. numpy.org needs updating.
- Put up documentation on how to contribute to Numpy via Git.
Gitwash-generated stuff could be added to the Numpy docs.
- Decide if the `numpy-svn` email list is still needed.
Github has RSS feeds for the repositories (but it can also send
email to the list, if we want to keep the list alive).
- Core devs: create accounts on github.com and ask for push permissions
to the numpy repository.
Or, just push your changes to your personal forks, and send pull
requests -- I'm sure we have enough people to handle it also
- Trac integration -- our bug DB will still stay at projects.scipy.org
but other Trac functionality can maybe be integrated.
More information about the NumPy-Discussion