[Numpy-discussion] printable random seed ?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Sep 22 09:27:09 CDT 2010

I would like to generate random numbers based on a random seed, for
example what numpy.random does if the seed is not specified. But I
would also like to print out the initial state, so I can replicate the
random numbers.

Can I get a human readable or printable version of the initial state?
Alternatively, what's a good way to  randomly generate an initial
state?

I could draw an integer with randint and use it as seed. Is this the best way?

Josef