[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] disabling SVN (was: Trouble installing scipy after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7 aka Lion)

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Aug 13 21:00:33 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:14:11 +0200, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> [clip]
>> We should check if there's still any code in SVN branches that is
>> useful.
>> If so the people who are interested in it should move it somewhere else.
>> Anyone?
>
> All the SVN branches are available in Git, though some are hidden. Do
>
>        git fetch upstream +refs/*:refs/remotes/upstream/everything/*
>
> and you shall receive (also some Github's internal branches named pull/*).
> However, AFAIK, there's not so much useful in there.
>
> In any case, as far as I'm aware, the SVN can be safely be turned off,
> both for Numpy and Scipy. The admins can access the original repository
> on the server, so if something turns out to be missed, it can be brought
> back.
>
>        Pauli

Does Trac require svn access to dig out old information?
for example links to old changesets, annotate/blame, ... ?

Josef