[Numpy-discussion] help translating matlab to numpy

alan@ajackso... alan@ajackso...
Sun Aug 14 12:43:06 CDT 2011

I'm translating some code from Matlab to numpy, and struggling a bit
since I have very little knowledge of Matlab.

My question is this - the arg function in Matlab (which seems to be deprecated,
they don't show it in their current documentation) is exactly equivalent to
what in Numpy? I know it is angle(x, deg=1) to get degrees instead of radians,
but what is the output range for the Matlab function -pi to pi, or 0 to 2*pi ?

Thanks!