[Numpy-discussion] Segfault for np.lookfor

Mon Aug 15 20:09:11 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On current trunk, all tests pass but running the (forgive my language)
>> doctests, I found this:
>>
>> In [1]: import numpy as np
>>
>> In [2]: np.__version__
>> Out[2]: '2.0.0.dev-730b861'
>>
>> In [3]: np.lookfor('cos')
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> on:
>>
>> Linux angela 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:07:17 UTC
>> 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>> Ubuntu Natty Python 2.7.1+
>>

> The problem is somewhere in print_coercion_tables.py

Or more precisely, it triggered by importing  print_coercion_tables.py. I
don't think lookfor should be doing that, but in any case:

array + scalar
+ ? b h i l q p B H I L Q P e f d g F D G S U V O M m
? ? b h i l l l B H I L L L e f d g F D G O O # O ! m
b b b b b b b b b b b b b b e f d g F D G O O # O ! m
h h h h h h h h h h h h h h f f d g F D G O O # O ! m
i i i i i i i i i i i i i i d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
q l l l l l l l l l l l l l d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
p l l l l l l l l l l l l l d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
B B B B B B B B B B B B B B e f d g F D G O O # O ! m
H H H H H H H H H H H H H H f f d g F D G O O # O ! m
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
L L L L L L L L L L L L L L d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
Q L L L L L L L L L L L L L d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
P L L L L L L L L L L L L L d d d g D D G O O # O ! m
e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e F F F O O # O ! #
f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f F F F O O # O ! #
d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d D D D O O # O ! #
g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g G G G O O # O ! #
F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F O O # O ! #
D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D O O # O ! #
G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G O O # O ! #
S O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O # O ! O
U O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O # O ! O
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Chuck