[Numpy-discussion] f2py - undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memset [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jin Lee J.Lee@bom.gov...
Tue Aug 16 06:32:34 CDT 2011

Hello,

This is my very first attempt at using f2py but I have come across a problem. If anyone can assist me I would appreciate it very much.

I have a very simple test Fortran source, sub.f90 which is:

subroutine sub1(x,y)
   implicit none

   integer, intent(in) :: x
   integer, intent(out) :: y

! start
   y = x

end subroutine sub1

I then used f2py to produce an object file, sub.so:

f2py -c -m sub sub.f90 --fcompiler='gfortran'

After starting a Python interactive session I tried to import the Fortran-derived Python module but I get an error message:

>>> import sub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: ./sub.so: undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memset

Can anyone suggest what this error message means and how I can overcome it, please?

Regards,

Jin