[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] disabling SVN (was: Trouble installing scipy after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7 aka Lion)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Aug 16 08:01:56 CDT 2011

Sat, 13 Aug 2011 22:00:33 -0400, josef.pktd wrote:
[clip]
> Does Trac require svn access to dig out old information? for example
> links to old changesets, annotate/blame, ... ?

It does not require HTTP access to SVN, as it looks directly at the
SVN repo on the local disk.

It also probably doesn't use the old SVN repo for anything in reality,
as there's a simple Git plugin installed that just grabs the Git history
to the timeline, and redirects source browsing etc to Github.
However, I don't know whether the timeline views etc continue to
function even without the local SVN repo, so I'd just disable the HTTP
access and leave the local repo as it is as a backup.

	Pauli