[Numpy-discussion] Reconstruct multidimensional array from buffer without shape

Ian youknowho2000@yahoo....
Fri Aug 19 13:38:23 CDT 2011

Hello list,

I am storing a multidimensional array as binary in a Postgres 9.04 database. For retrieval of this array from the database I thought frombuffer() was my solution, however I see that this constructs a one-dimensional array. I read in the documentation about the buffer parameter in the ndarray() constructor, but that requires the shape of the array.

Is there a way to re-construct a multidimensional array from a buffer without knowing its shape?

Thanks.