[Numpy-discussion] Numpy performance boost

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo....
Wed Aug 31 11:01:27 CDT 2011

Dieter,

thank you for contributing a numpy mandelbrot program - but no thanks
for your "disqualified for doing things differently" comment here.

The benchmarks game has been showing a spectral-norm program based on
numpy as an "interesting alternative" for the last couple of years -

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=spectralnorm&lang=python3&id=2

- simply because I thought numpy was interesting and wanted somehow to
include a numpy program without taking on the chore of dealing with a
whole bunch of numpy programs.

The relevant point isn't that your numpy program is shown as "an
interesting alternative".

The relevant point is that your numpy program is shown at all.

best wishes, Isaac