[Numpy-discussion] merging datetime progress

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jun 8 14:55:05 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 13:55, Mark Wiebe <mwwiebe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Requiring that amount of overhead before committing a change into master,
> which is the unstable development branch, sounds very unreasonable to me.

Ah, that's the source of the misunderstanding, then. master is not the
unstable development branch. According to the workflow that most numpy
developers have agreed upon[1], master is an integration branch. The
ideal situation is that you do work on feature branches and merge them
in when they are complete, agreed upon, and tested. Ideally, master
should always build cleanly and always pass the test suite. Developers
need a clean, working master to branch from too, not just production
users.

[1] http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/index.html

--
Robert Kern