[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numpy 1.6.1 release candidate 1

Mon Jun 20 14:33:58 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Mark Wiebe <mwwiebe@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate
>> of NumPy 1.6.1. This is a bugfix release, list of fixed bugs:
>> #1834   einsum fails for specific shapes
>> #1837   einsum throws nan or freezes python for specific array shapes
>> #1838   object <-> structured type arrays regression
>> #1851   regression for SWIG based code in 1.6.0
>> #1863   Buggy results when operating on array copied with astype()
>>
>> If no problems are reported, the final release will be in one week.
>> Sources and binaries can be found at<http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.0rc1/>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.1rc1/
>

> I've committed a fix to #1870, a regression in 1.6.0, in master. I'll leave
> you with the judgement call on what to do with it.
>
> It's a regression, so it would be good to include it. This together with
the ctypes.load_library thing would require a second RC, but that's fine.

I don't really understand that code though and don't have much time to test
it either, so I would appreciate if someone else can review it.

Ralf