Fri Jun 24 18:10:26 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:
> > Again, there are pros and cons either way and I see them very orthogonal
> and
> > complementary.
>
> That may be true, but I imagine only one of them will be implemented.
>
> @Mark - I don't have a clear idea whether you consider the nafloat64
> option to be still in play as the first thing to be implemented
> (before array.mask).   If it is, what kind of thing would persuade you
> either way?

Mark can speak for himself,  but I think things are tending towards masks.
They have the advantage of one implementation for all data types, current
and future, and they are more flexible since the masked data can be actual
valid data that you just choose to ignore for experimental  reasons.

What might be helpful is a routine to import/export R files, but that
shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

Chuck