[Numpy-discussion] SVD does not converge

eat e.antero.tammi@gmail....
Tue Jun 28 12:36:18 CDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Lou Pecora <lou_boog2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

With my rusty linear algebra: if one chooses to proceed with this 'squaring'
avenue, wouldn't it then be more economical to base the calculations on a
square 5x5 matrix? Something like:
A_pinv= dot(A, pinv(dot(A.T, A))).T
Instead of a 380x380 based matrix:
A_pinv= dot(pinv(dot(A, A.T)), A).T