[Numpy-discussion] missing data discussion round 2

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa....
Thu Jun 30 01:49:03 CDT 2011

On 6/27/11 9:53 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Some discussion of disk storage might also help. I don't see how the
> rules can be enforced if two files are used, one for the mask and
> another for the data, but that may just be something we need to live with.

It seems it wouldn't be too big  deal to extend the *.npy format to
include the mask.

Could one memmap both the data array and the mask?

Netcdf (and assume hdf) have ways to support masks as well.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov