[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.6 schedule (was: Numpy 2.0 schedule)

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Mon Mar 7 11:30:17 CST 2011

A Monday 07 March 2011 15:39:38 Pauli Virtanen escrigué:
> Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:23:10 +0100, Francesc Alted wrote:
> [clip]
>
> > ValueError: numpy.dtype has the wrong size, try recompiling
> >
> > I don't think I'm wrong here, but I'd appreciate if somebody else
> > can reproduce this (either with tables or with another
> > Cython-dependent package).
>
> Ok, seems this needs looking into. I don't immediately see how it can
> happen, and agree that it shouldn't (AFAIK, there are no changes in
> 1.6 that require additions to the structs).

Ups, forget about this.  It turns out that I was using a somewhat
outdated version of 1.5.x (probably pre-1.5.0).  I have updated to
1.5.1, and now the 1.6 binaries are completely backward compatibles:

tables suite with 1.5.1:

Ran 2981 tests in 37.183s

Using 1.6.0.dev-c081ad7 without recompiling tables:

Ran 2981 tests in 36.716s

Sorry for the false alarm!

--
Francesc Alted