[Numpy-discussion] rewriting NumPy code in C or C++ or similar

Mon Mar 7 17:48:30 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 3:36 PM, Dan Halbert wrote:
> We currently have some straightforward NumPy code that indirectly implements a C API defined by a third party. We built a Cython layer that directly provides the API in a .a library, and then calls Python. The layering looks like this:
>
>    C main program ->  API in Cython ->  Python ->  NumPy
>
> This is difficult to package for distribution, because of the Python and NumPy dependencies.

I'd say learn py2exe, py2app and friends, and be done with it.

Otherwise, I wonder if you could re-factor your Cython code enough to
remove all python dependencies -- or at least have something you could
compile and run without a python interpreter running.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov