[Numpy-discussion] C API freeze and review

Thu Mar 10 01:25:31 CST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In preparation for making a 1.6.x branch, I just updated the C API
> version. Please do not add any more functions before the branch is
> created.
>
> Over 70 new functions and types were added, we should also review if
> all those are necessary and if they are documented. Below is a list of
> all new objects (generated with attached script), and an indication of
> those items being documented.
>
> Most function are from the new iterator, are they all necessary?
>
> And can the authors of the items with missing docs please write some?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>

> NpyIter_Type
> PyDatetimeArrType_Type
> PyHalfArrType_Type
> PyTimeIntegerArrType_Type
> PyTimedeltaArrType_Type
>
> NpyIter_Copy                            YES
> NpyIter_CreateCompatibleStrides
> NpyIter_Deallocate                      YES
> NpyIter_DebugPrint
> NpyIter_GetAxisStrideArray              YES
> NpyIter_GetBufferSize                   YES
> NpyIter_GetDataPtrArray                 YES
> NpyIter_GetDescrArray                   YES
> NpyIter_GetGetCoords                    YES
> NpyIter_GetIndexPtr                     YES
> NpyIter_GetInitialDataPtrArray
> NpyIter_GetInnerFixedStrideArray        YES
> NpyIter_GetInnerLoopSizePtr             YES
> NpyIter_GetInnerStrideArray             YES
> NpyIter_GetIterIndex                    YES
> NpyIter_GetIterIndexRange               YES
> NpyIter_GetIterNext                     YES
> NpyIter_GetIterSize                     YES
> NpyIter_GetIterView                     YES
> NpyIter_GetNDim                         YES
> NpyIter_GetNIter                        YES
> NpyIter_GetOperandArray                 YES
> NpyIter_GetReadFlags                    YES
> NpyIter_GetShape                        YES
> NpyIter_GetWriteFlags                   YES
> NpyIter_GotoCoords                      YES

I'd like to rename this something like  NpyIter_GotoMultiIndex,
NpyIter_GotoPolyIndex, or some such. We need a name for extended indices.
Suggestions?

 NpyIter_GotoIndex                       YES

Chuck