[Numpy-discussion] ragged array implimentation

Sat Mar 12 02:30:35 CST 2011

Francesc Alted wrote:
> Just a C pointer to a malloc'ed area (it cannot be an ndarray, as the
> data area might be compressed).

got it.

> Ok.  Thanks.  The code is really simple, and that's great.  However,
> carray is quite more sophisticated, as it supports not only enlarging
> arrays, but also shrinking,

that's handy.

> and since 0.4 on, it also supports n-
> dimensional arrays (although you can only resize along the first
> dimension).

I've been meaning to add that, too - not much to it really, but haven't
had a need yet, so haven't gotten around to it.

I hope it was a bit helpful, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's
next for carray!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov