[Numpy-discussion] Not importing polynomial implementation functions by default

Sat Mar 12 20:32:06 CST 2011

Hi All,

I'd like to change the polynomial package to only import the Classes,
leaving the large number of implementation functions to be imported directly
from the different modules if needed. I always regarded those functions as
implementation helpers and kept them separate from the class so that others
could use them to build their own classes if they desired. For most purposes
I think the classes are more useful. So I think it was a mistake to import
the functions by; default and I'm looking for a graceful and acceptable way
out. Any suggestions.

Chuck