[Numpy-discussion] [OT] any image io module that works with python3?

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke@uci....
Sun Mar 13 17:16:28 CDT 2011

Hi Stéfan,

I am sending you this off list.

I just tried scikits.image from git on Windows. The attached patch fixes
some minor build and test issues.

Scikits.image.io occasionally seems to shadow Python's io module such
that `import gzip` fails. There are 5 test failures like this:

ERROR: test_selem.TestSElem.test_selem_disk
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "X:\Python27\lib\site-packages\nose\case.py", line 187, in runTest
     self.test(*self.arg)
   File
"X:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scikits\image\morphology\tests\test_selem.py",
line 39, in test_selem_disk
     self.strel_worker("disk-matlab-output.npy", selem.disk)
   File
"X:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scikits\image\morphology\tests\test_selem.py",
line 29, in strel_worker
     matlab_masks = np.load(os.path.join(data_dir, fn))
   File "X:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\npyio.py", line 316, in
load
     import gzip
   File "X:\Python27\lib\gzip.py", line 36, in <module>
     class GzipFile(io.BufferedIOBase):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'BufferedIOBase'

Christoph