[Numpy-discussion] 1.6: branching and release notes

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe@gmail....
Sun Mar 13 21:23:20 CDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Tuesday (~2am GMT) I plan to create the 1.6.x branch and tag the
> first beta. So please get your last commits for 1.6 in by Monday
> evening.
>
> Also, please review and add to the 1.6.0 release notes. I put in
> headers for several items that need a few lines in the notes, I hope
> this can be filled in by the authors of those features (Charles:
> Legendre polynomials, Pearu: assumed shape arrays, Mark: a bunch of
> stuff).

I've added a few more things, and made a small change to the iterator
construction API that I've discovered is useful, but would be more difficult
to do later. The Python exposure of the iterator is renamed from 'newiter'
to 'nditer', is that a reasonable name or does anyone have a better
suggestion?

-Mark