[Numpy-discussion] Fortran was dead ... [was Re: rewriting NumPy code in C or C++ or similar]

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Tue Mar 15 11:34:17 CDT 2011

Den 15.03.2011 17:10, skrev Christopher Barker:
> I've been slowly arriving to the conclusion that that is no place for
> C++ in programming. If you really need to twiddle bits, use C. If you
> need high performance numerics, use Fortran. If you need high level
> complex data structures, use Python

It is sad that C++ takes 5 years to master, and this insight comes after
using it for another 5 years or more. I regret ever learning C++, but
how could I have known that in advance?

Sturla