[Numpy-discussion] 1.6: branching and release notes

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe@gmail....
Tue Mar 15 13:26:33 CDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Mark Wiebe <mwwiebe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Charles R Harris
> > <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> difficult
> 'newiter'
> >>
> >> I think nditer is fine, certainly better than newiter. I don't see where
> >> nditer appears in the changes though, the test still uses newiter.
> >
> > I didn't rename the files, I can do that too.
>
> Hi Mark, I see you just did this, but is there anything else you
> want/need to do? If it's necessary I can postpone the first beta by a
> couple of days. Better that than rush things too much and end up with
> an API you have reservations about.

I pushed one more small API change to PyArray_NewLikeArray, adding a 'subok'
parameter which lets you disable sub-types. The things missing still are
documentation (maybe others can help?). The Python nditer exposure is
undocumented, as well as the new parameters to ufuncs (full list: 'casting',
'out', 'order', 'subok', 'dtype').

-Mark