[Numpy-discussion] What Requires C and what is just python

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000@yahoo....
Sun Mar 20 11:54:54 CDT 2011

I'll add my $0.02 here.  Someone mentioned SAGE.  I can say that on the Mac the
sage package seems to install very easily and reliably.   I've done 4
installations on Macs 10.4 to 10.6.  You can do them with one command line.
 They take a few hours, but all have gone flawlessly.  The installation contains
a LOT of python stuff (including all the packages mentioned here) and you use it
just like any other installation except you need to point to the sage folder.
 There are examples in the documentation.
 -- Lou Pecora,   my views are my own.