[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] ANN: Numpy 1.6.0 beta 1

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Wed Mar 23 12:00:32 CDT 2011

On 03/23/2011 11:38 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Bruce Southey<bsouthey@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 03/23/2011 11:07 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first beta of NumPy
>>> 1.6.0. Due to the extensive changes in the Numpy core for this
>>> release, the beta testing phase will last at least one month. Please
>>> test this beta and report any problems on the Numpy mailing list.
>>>
>>> Sources and binaries can be found at:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.0b1/
>>> For (preliminary) release notes see below.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>> Ralf
>>>

>> [snip]
>> Python 3.1 failed to build it due to import error of _inspect module and
>> Python2.4 failed 'test_iterator.test_iter_broadcasting_errors'. Yet all
>> tests passed on Python versions 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.
>>
>> Bruce
>> PS I do want to go through the bugs I indicated but I have not found
>> sufficient time.
>>
>> Python3.1 error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "setup.py", line 201, in<module>
>>      setup_package()
>>    File "setup.py", line 178, in setup_package
>>      from numpy.distutils.core import setup
>>    File
>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/__init__.py",
>> line 22, in<module>
>>      import numpy.distutils.ccompiler
>>    File
>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/ccompiler.py",
>> line 15, in<module>
>>      from numpy.distutils.exec_command import exec_command
>>    File
>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/exec_command.py",
>> line 58, in<module>
>>      from numpy.compat import open_latin1
>>    File
>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/compat/__init__.py",
>> line 11, in<module>
>>      import _inspect
>> ImportError: No module named _inspect
> This is strange. I checked that numpy/compat/_inspect.py is present in
> the tarball. What build command did you use, and can you give the
> complete output of that command?
>
> Ralf
Yes, I know that it is there and not sure what is missing!
The typical way:
$python3.1 setup.py build

Also I know that it builds with Python3.1 and Python 3.2 with the latest
git pull! But I have update nose before I can test it.

Bruce