[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] ANN: Numpy 1.6.0 beta 1

Wed Mar 23 15:29:19 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:17:20 -0500, Bruce Southey wrote:
>> I can not figure out what is different between git and this version :-(
>>
>> All the paths appear to be the same.
>> Further it continues onwards when I do: $python3.1 -m pdb setup.py build
>>
>> I added these lines to the start of "numpy/compat/__init__.py" import os
>> print(os.getcwd())
>>
>> /home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/tmp6/numpy-1.6.0b1/build/py3k This is
>> equivalent to the git version.
>>
>> Unless someone else finds it, I will consider it just my problem and
>> ignore it.
>
> There's some magic in setup.py for generating numpy/version.py, which
> behaves differently depending whether `.git` is present or not. It might
> do some stuff that goes wrong --- I fixed it once already, but maybe it's
> broken again.

I un-fixed your fix by accident, since I missed why you did that and
your fix broke the paver script. Leaving the FULLVERSION line outside
write_version_py() but putting the import inside should fix it, only
the commit part will be missing when building packages for an
unreleased version.

Ralf