[Numpy-discussion] should get rid of the annoying numpy STDERR output

Dmitrey tmp50@ukr....
Thu Mar 24 06:24:43 CDT 2011

     Hi

     2011/3/24 Dmitrey <tmp50@ukr.net>

       >>> from numpy import inf, array
       >>> inf*0
       nan

       (ok)

       >>> array(inf) * 0.0
       StdErr: Warning: invalid value encountered in multiply
       nan

       My cycled calculations yields this thousands times slowing
       computations and making text output completely non-readable.

     Would old= seterr(invalid= 'ignore') be sufficient for you?

   yes for me, but I'm not sure for all those users who use my soft.
   Maybe it will hide some bugs in their objective functions and
   nonlinear constraints in numerical optimization and nonlinear equation
   systems.

   D.