[Numpy-discussion] should get rid of the annoying numpy STDERR output

Thu Mar 24 08:45:18 CDT 2011

2011/3/24 Dmitrey <tmp50@ukr.net>:

> Hi

>> nan
>>
>> (ok)

>> StdErr: Warning: invalid value encountered in multiply
>> nan
>>
>> My cycled calculations yields this thousands times slowing computations
>> and making text output completely non-readable.
>
> Would old= seterr(invalid= 'ignore') be sufficient for you?
>
> yes for me, but I'm not sure for all those users who use my soft. Maybe it
> will hide some bugs in their objective functions and nonlinear constraints
> in numerical optimization and nonlinear equation systems.

If we do what you request in your message subject your users will have
the same issue.

You can wrap (parts of) your code in something like:
  olderr = seterr(invalid= 'ignore')
  <do stuff>
  seterr(**olderr)

Ralf