[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 half float buffer bug?

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey@gmail....
Fri Mar 25 12:00:24 CDT 2011

I'm working on getting support for 16-bit floats into cython and have
run into what seems like a numpy bug (I'm a new contributor to both
projects, so bear with me ;).

https://github.com/wickedgrey/numpy/commit/29f9f1b709cc2c346b8514859c58a761df80f031

Adding NPY_HALF to the switch statement on line 350 of
numpy/core/src/multiarray/buffer.c doesn't seem controversial (unless
it needs to be spelled NPY_FLOAT16 or something similar), but I have
no idea how to test the change.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to go about writing
a unit test for this?  Or should I just submit a pull request?

Thanks,
Eli