[Numpy-discussion] should get rid of the annoying numpy STDERR output

Wed Mar 30 16:03:01 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> nan
>>>
>>> (ok)

>>> StdErr: Warning: invalid value encountered in multiply
>>> nan
>>>
>>> My cycled calculations yields this thousands times slowing computations and
>>> making text output completely non-readable.

>>> '2.0.0.dev-1fe8136'
>>
>> We really should change the default to 'warn' for numpy 2.0. Maybe
>> even for numpy 1.6. We've talked about it before, and I think most
>> people were in favor. We just never pulled the trigger.
>
> Old thread on this topic:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/35664
>>
>> Devs, what say you?
>
> Works for me, also for 1.6.

Hi, just pinging this issue. If this is to happen for 1.6 it should go
in the next beta (probably this weekend, only waiting for the
genfromtxt issue to be resolved).

Some more input would be good. As would a patch.

Thanks,
Ralf