[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 installs stuff in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/doc

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Mar 31 14:21:23 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 14:16, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 01:12 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>> Well, they're meant to be copied into your own code, which is why they
>> end up under a doc/ directory. Lots of things like this tend to end up
>> in doc/ directories.
>
> perhaps /usr/share/doc/numpy then.

This is up to the various Linux packagers of numpy. They have their
own tools to do this according to their own policies. Doing *anything*
in our setup.py to install these files will just make their jobs
harder. That's why I think that this needs to be handled in the binary
installers, not the setup.py.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."