[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] ANN: Numpy 1.6.0 beta 1

David david@silveregg.co...
Thu Mar 31 20:40:29 CDT 2011

On 03/31/2011 06:37 PM, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:19 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com
> <mailto:cournape@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Russell E. Owen <rowen@uw.edu
>     <mailto:rowen@uw.edu>> wrote:
>      > In article
>      > <AANLkTi=eeg8KL7639imRTL-iHg1ncqYoLDDSiD5tfYvs@mail.gmail.com
>     <mailto:eeg8KL7639imRTL-iHg1ncqYoLDDSiD5tfYvs@mail.gmail.com>>,
>      >  Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com
>     <mailto:ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>      >
>      >> Hi,
>      >>
>      >> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first beta of NumPy
>      >> 1.6.0. Due to the extensive changes in the Numpy core for this
>      >> release, the beta testing phase will last at least one month. Please
>      >> test this beta and report any problems on the Numpy mailing list.
>      >>
>      >> Sources and binaries can be found at:
>      >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.0b1/
>      >> For (preliminary) release notes see below.
>
>     I see a segfault on Ubuntu 64 bits for the test
>     TestAssumedShapeSumExample in numpy/f2py/tests/test_assumed_shape.py.
>     Am I the only one seeing it ?
>
> The test work here ok on Ubuntu 64 with numpy master. Could you try the
> maintenance/1.6.x branch where the related bugs are fixed.

I did test that as well, and got the same issue, but could not reproduce
it on another machine. I do get the error every time on my main work
machine, though. I will look more into it, but it is most likely
something due to my machine,

cheers,

David