[Numpy-discussion] numpy with nose

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Thu Nov 3 08:42:28 CDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 04:27 AM, akshar bhosale wrote:
> Hi,
> i am using mkl 10.1, intel cluster toolkit 11/069, os rhel 5.2 x86_64,
> python 2.6, processor is intel xeon
>
> numpy version is 1.6.0
>
> my numpy.test hanging at below point :
> Test whether equivalent subarray dtypes hash the same. ... ok
> Test whether different subarray dtypes hash differently. ... ok
> Test some data types that are equal ... ok
> Test some more complicated cases that shouldn't be equal ... ok
> Test some simple cases that shouldn't be equal ... ok
> test_single_subarray (test_dtype.TestSubarray) ... ok
> test_einsum_errors (test_einsum.TestEinSum) ... ok
> test_einsum_sums_cfloat128 (test_einsum.TestEinSum) ...
>
> any pointers for this?
YES
Stop repeating the exact same problem in different threads and answer
the previous questions!
For example, how much of the 'test_einsum_sums_cfloat128' test  is
completed before it hangs?

Really there is something unusual about your setup so you need to start
at the basics because you appear to be the only one that has this problem.

Clear out ALL previous installations including personal and system ones
and any build directories.

1) Build and test numpy without any numerical libraries including the Intel ones (do not know that) such as:
$ BLAS=None LAPACK=None ATLAS=None python setup.py build

2) Build and test numpy without the intel cluster toolkit but with MKL after removing all previous installations and build directories.

3) Build and test numpy with the intel cluster toolkit removing all previous installations and build directories.

Bruce