[Numpy-discussion] in the NA discussion, what can we agree on?

Gary Strangman strang@nmr.mgh.harvard....
Thu Nov 3 21:54:18 CDT 2011

For the non-destructive+propagating case, do I understand correctly that
this would mean I (as a user) could temporarily decide to IGNORE certain
portions of my data, perform a series of computation on that data, and the
IGNORED flag (or however it is implemented) would be propagated from
computation to computation? If that's the case, I suspect I'd use it all
the time ... to effectively perform data subsetting without generating
(partial) copies of large datasets. But maybe I misunderstand the
intended notion of propagation ...

Gary