[Numpy-discussion] Rebinning numpy array

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Nov 13 11:55:21 CST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 17:48, Olivier Delalleau <shish@keba.be> wrote:
> Also: it seems like you are using values at the boundaries of the bins,
> while I think it would make more sense to compute interpolated values at the
> middle point of a bin. I'm not sure it'll make a big difference visually,
> but it may be more appropriate.

No, you do want to compute the interpolated values at the boundaries
of the new bins. Then differencing the values at the boundaries will
give you the correct values for the "mass" between the bounds.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco