[Numpy-discussion] magma?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Nov 18 07:38:48 CST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 13:12, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any possibility of incorporating this work into numpy?
>
> http://icl.cs.utk.edu/magma/software/index.html

Into numpy itself? Very low probability, I think. The dependency on
nVidia hardware and proprietary compilers makes supporting it as a
build option in numpy itself too much effort for too little gain, not
to mention the heuristics necessary to decide when to switch from the
CPU implementations to the GPU implementations. The best value/cost
ratio can probably be achieved by a separate package that wraps these
routines with functions signature-compatible with those in
numpy.linalg.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."